Saturday, January 26, 2013

Bloggy Diet

Well the time has come to officially say that I think I am at the end of my blogging time.  The kids are getting older, we have jumped off the adoption train that we jumped on six years ago (YES, I said it-put it out here on the internet-so it must be true), and honestly I just don't have the interest anymore to blog. 

So this post is just my disclaimer that you won't find much around here any longer.  I plan to print this one last blog book for the kids through today.  Then I think I will be done with the blogging.  Now of course I love to read others' blogs, so please don't stop YOUR blogging.  Just think it is time I stop most of mine :) 

I have enjoyed the time spent on the internet "meeting" all kinds of folks out there in the internet world.  I will be on FBook every now and then, and of course you know I do actually still talk to people in person and on the phone.  Feel free to give me a call, or drop me an email every now and then if you want to catch up with the Straight folks!

The End

8 comments:

Ashley said...

WHAT!!!????? That is CRAZY! The adoption world needs you! I think your whole post was one big type-0!

Rob said...

Aww no....
Well you're gonna HAVE to email me pics and updates when you get the chance! Will never ever get sick of how he's doing!!
You'll be missed! The first adoption blog I started following. I know a lot of what I know about adoption from Straight Talk.

Michelle said...

Oh noooooo.......... what will we do!!! I will miss you :)))

La Dolce Vita: The Sweet Life said...

So grateful for your sweet family! Thanks for sharing all these years. Love how much fun you guys have.


We are on the hunt for our next teammate. We've inquired about 3 kids, but nothing yet. If you are still sending files, we are looking and praying!

Beth and Ryan said...

Ditto, Ashley!
No quitting :)

Steve and Darcy said...

I am sad too! It's the end of an era...your blog and your "encouragement" for me to blog got me started. LOL! I just quit blogging a whole lot sooner than you did! I am going to miss the updates of your family, especially since we are so far away now. Don't forget about us...the "digit" group will always be special. Next time we are in town, we will have to set up a reunion. Miss you guys....and btw...it's COLD up here!! LOL!!

Heidi said...

I get it. I do love to read your blog. But, I get it. I sort of pulled back for a while just because there have been a lot of things that I don't think are "appropriate" to blog about on my own blog, but would LOVE to share if that makes sense. Sort of have my hands tied, but am still writing so maybe someday it will be published. But, I do get how there is a season for everything. I'm gonna try to keep up for a while yet. But, it is a bit of a task to keep up.
Enjoy your freedom to just "be" with your beautiful family. =)

Karen said...

Oh no, but I just found you!! And was so happy to find you! I think probably around the same time you found your son, we found ours. We started his adoption almost a year ago and will be bringing him home soon.